Imagine getting over 500,000 page views per month. That’s huge, right? Yes. Growing traffic is arguably the most challenging aspect of blogging. Even with excellent content, the clicks barely crawl in.
Creating quality content is essential, but it is not enough. You need to make your posts visible on search engines. How do you do this? Read on to find more in this article.
Table of Content
- Table of Contents
- How to Get More Traffic on Your Blog: 11 Super Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Get More Traffic on Your Blog: 11 Super Tips
The goal of every blog is to host as many readers as possible. To do that, it has to fiercely compete with other websites to get the top spot on search results. Below are eleven tips that will equip you to edge your competitors and drive traffic to your website.
Affiliate Marketing: This article contains affiliate links, which means that if you use the link to buy a product, I get a commission, at no cost to you but help me survive my blog and produce more articles.
1. Optimize Your Contents for Your Readers and Search Engines
Successful bloggers always satisfy readers and search engines. They generate quality content alongside probable keywords. Mastering this balance will help to position your blog for success.
How to Optimize Your Pages for Search Engines
- Apply the right keywords and spread them moderately throughout your text
- Ensure that your headlines are catchy
- Structure your content and provide accurate information
- Optimize your images with image alt text and transcribe videos.
- Do not use too many similar topic tags.
2. Do Keyword Research on the Topic You Wish to Write About
Every topic has its unique power words. It increases the relevance and ranking of your page on search sites like Google. Proper research is therefore essential before you start writing any post.
Steps to Find the Perfect Keywords for Your Article
- Learn more about your topic.
- Determine the goal of the article to get a direction for your strategy.
- Break down the title into smaller headings.
- Create a list of seed power words.
- Use a quality research tool.
- Identify the long-tail keywords.
3. Use long-tail keywords
Long-tail keywords are detailed and more specific phrases. They usually contain three to five words. Unlike the short-tailed ones, they are more precise, targeted, and eye-catching. They give your post less competition and more clicks.
To use them, follow these tips:
- Find a keyword and write content around it.
- Insert the keyword into multiple places in your article like titles, first paragraphs, etc.
- Ensure that you use them naturally rather than fixing them into sentences where they don’t belong.
4. Use Location-based Keywords To Improve Your Ranking
Using location-based buzzwords helps to rank your page higher in particular regions. It streamlines your article to a more specific audience. You can do this by adding the name of the city, country, or postal code.
How to Make Your Local Keywords
- Specify your location in the long-tailed buzzword
- Add an industry-related extension to the key-phrase, for example, Mechanic workshops in Las Vegas.
- Include keyword modifiers in your power words.
- Use research tools to discover ready-made queries that fit your needs.
- Use free SEO tool
5. Include internal links in your content
Internal linking is a principal factor search engine consider when ranking pages. They follow the links to find out and rank the contents of the website. Ultimately, getting more links to your post increases its relevance and ranking. However, that doesn’t mean that you can be careless with links.
Tips on How to Use Internal Links
- Apply hypertexts in your articles
- Link your new pages to older ones.
- Add a related post section to your page
- Include links related to your popular or recent articles
6. Consistently Post Quality Content
Publishing an excellent blog post is perfect, but maintaining quality is the real deal. A little slack can cost you large traffic. On the other hand, consistency builds the site’s reliability, popularity, visibility, and traffic.
Tips To Maintain Consistent Delivery of Quality Posts
- Schedule time for making content.
- Identify topics you like to post.
- Employ a writer(s).
- Create and follow your publishing timetable.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with work; go at your pace.
- Adhere strictly to the rules of good writing.
7. Install a plug-in
Plug-in enhances a website’s design and functionality. There are various types, with different functions. For example, an SEO plug-in allows you to easily optimize metadata. Other examples include image-display, miscellaneous, social sharing, commenting, and spasm-fighting plug-ins, among others.
How to Install a plug-in on WordPress
- Download the zip file of the desired plug-in.
- Log in as an admin to your site.
- Got to Administration > plug-ins > Add new page.
- Click on ‘Upload plug-in’ and choose the file location.
- Select the ‘Install now’ button. Then activate it.
8. Include a Meta Description and Title in Every Post on Your Website
A meta description is a short piece that summarizes the contents of your page. It serves as an advert for your post. Most search engines display it as a snippet below the main title. If it is catchy enough, it will get your clicks.
Tips on How to Write a Good Meta Description
- It should consist of 150-160 characters.
- Use active voice and actionable words.
- Include a question and call to action.
- Ensure that it is unique to each page and matches their contents.
9. Write long articles
More often than not, longer articles are ranked higher than short ones. That is because they contain more in-depth information that a variety of readers might need. They also have more links and keywords, which improves their SEO-friendliness.
How to Write Long and Quality Blog Posts
- It should contain at least 1000 words.
- Give a catchy and comprehensive introduction that summarizes the entire text.
- Insert a table of content.
- Properly arrange the text into sections and subheadings.
- Keep the readers in mind while you draft your content.
- Include a catchy and comprehensive conclusion.
10. Update your old articles
If you have been publishing content for a substantial amount of time, you likely have old posts. These articles often lose relevance, decline in their rankings and generate less traffic. Updating such pages revitalizes its competitive power.
Steps to Update Old Blog Posts
- Find the keywords that the page was ranking for.
- Pick new target keywords for the update.
- Check the query result for your buzzwords to discover recent user intents.
- Refurbish your content around these new keywords.
11. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly
If your blog is still not mobile-friendly, you are missing a ton of traffic. The internet now hosts more mobile users than desktop entries. Therefore, it is essential to make your blog site accessible and navigable on mobile devices.
How to Ensure That Your Website Mobile-Friendly
- Use mobile-friendly themes and plug-ins
- Streamline your blog’s navigation for mobile users
- You can also create a mobile version of your blog.
What Are the Best Free Tools for Keyword Research in 2021?
Keyword research instruments use Google Autocomplete to generate hundreds of relevant long-tail buzzwords for any topic. There are several of them and all with their unique features. Some of the top choices are:
- Google keyword planner
- Google Trends
- Google search console
- Rank Tracker
- Keyword Surfer
- Answer the Public, etc.
How Can I Get a Free Analysis of My Website Traffic?
You can monitor and analyze your web traffic using Google Analytics. It tells you exactly how many visitors your site is getting, where they’re coming from, how they’re interacting with your content. To use it, you’ll have to register a new account and link your ID with your website. You can then view your data from your analytics account.
Last Words Before The Final Bow-out
Ultimately, mastering SEO is the magic needed to pour in the magnitude of traffic you dream of. It builds your site’s authority. This article shared various tips on how to increase your pages’ ranking on Google and other search engines. Use them and tell the tale.