For many newbie bloggers, the problem of low traffic is very rampant. However, this scenario should not come up as much of a surprise as it is a common trend. How? Blogging (part-time or full-time is like starting and running a business. As we all know, most people are not likely to get it right at once.
Fortunately, there are some very effective techniques every new or veteran blogger can use to get tangible results. Whether you’re looking to attract traffic to your website or even build authority, this post provides details on how you can drive organic traffic to your website with a $0 budget.
Table of Contents
- Table of Content
- Top Sources for Your Free Traffic
- Email Marketing
- Guest Blogging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Other Good Traffic Sources
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Top Sources for Your Free Traffic
Presently, Quora is the biggest question and answer website on the internet. Here people post questions and have them answered by other users. The website has over 300 million active users, with about 600 million unique visitors in a month. Besides, it generates about 40% of its traffic from mobile users and 78.07% from search engines. Quora is the second largest library next to Wikipedia. It’s the perfect setting for bloggers who want global traffic.
How to get free traffic on Quora
- Pick the right interest that aligns with your blogging niche.
- Ensure your profile bio is eye-catchy and straight forward.
- Create a brand topic and add a professional picture.
- Search for posts with followers that align with your content.
- Use the questions to develop an article that answers it in detail.
- Ensure you exhaust all ideas that answer the questions and include visual content.
- Lastly, add a link to your blog that further explains the question.
Facebook is the oldest social network that still has billions of users. It has been estimated that over 2.45 billion people log into Facebook daily.
This social network makes it easy for you to connect with people from all over the world. It’s the best platform you can use to drive streamlined and traffic to your blog. Facebook has a page for every niche. This makes it easy for you to connect with other bloggers.
How to get free traffic on Facebook
- Add your website’s link to your Facebook profile.
- Join Facebook groups that align with your content.
- Interact with content similar to your niche.
- Include CTA in all your posts.
- Run voting contests for your readers.
- Engage with your active followers.
- Post content frequently on your Facebook page.
- Optimize your posts for sharing.
- Keep posting evergreen contents people can relate to.
- Always include large images in your posts.
- Create a Facebook group for your blog.
3. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a way of sending commercial messages to a targeted audience. It is one of the simplest forms of getting constant visitors to your site.
Now, there are about 3.9 billion email users worldwide. Over 50% of the world’s population use emails. Anytime you need traffic, all you have to do is write an email. With email marketing, you’ll be making a formal approach to building your site’s authority.
How to get more traffic with email marketing
- Begin with a good and active subscriber list.
- Write an email and forward it to your list of targeted audiences.
- Let your landing page be in sync with the email campaign.
- Create a newsletter sign up series.
- Encourage subscribers to comment on your blog posts.
- Provide the links to your social media in the email.
- Ensure you add the proper UTM tags in your email.
- Offer free subscriptions to your newsletter and products.
4. Guest Blogging
Guest blogging is one effective way of getting free traffic. It simply means writing a post for a site that has a high domain authority than your blog.
Approximately over 409 billion people read blogs, and there over 70 million blog posts on the internet today.
It gives you a link back to your website where your post is published. The more backlinks you have, the more chances of your website becoming an authority in that niche.
How to get traffic from guest blogging
- Determine who your audience is.
- Search for the popular websites your audience reads on Google.
- Write content that stands out and gives value to your audience.
- Find blogs within your niche that accept guest posts.
- Propose a guest post for the website you’ve found.
- Ensure the blog owner is active on social media so they can promote your content on their site.
- Connect with prolific guest bloggers in your industry.
5. Search Engines Optimization (SEO)
SEO is the best way to get a lot of traffic for free. All you need to do is include keywords in your content, so they’re ranked by search engines.
Presently, 86.14% of people use search engines to find information online. Undoubtedly, search engines help billions of users to find the contents they need at a rapid pace. The most significant benefit of using SEO is that the visitors are highly targeted.
How to increase traffic with SEO
- Optimize your contents for your readers and search engines
- Do keyword research on the topic you wish to write about.
- Use long-tail keywords.
- Use location-based keywords to improve your ranking.
- Include internal links in your content.
- Consistently post quality content.
- Install a plug-in
- Include a meta description and title in every post on your website.
- Write long articles.
- Update your old articles.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
Other Good Traffic Sources
A mixture of several traffic sources allows you to create a diverse web presence. Here are a few other sources you can get free traffic from
- Direct traffic
- Influencer marketing
- Publish Press releases
- Forum marketing
- Article marketing
- Writing an Ebook
- Referral from fellow bloggers
How Do I Target Country-Specific Traffic?
You have to choose a website hosting that’s close to your preferred country’s audience. Your domain extension also matters. To have your blog target country-specific traffic, you should use the country’s domain. You can also take advantage of guest blogging by getting land-based backlinks.
How Do I Know Which Sources Are Sending Traffic to My Blog?
By using Google Analytics, you can easily find this information under the “Acquisition > Channels.” Here, you’ll find a top-level view of where your traffic is coming from based on the channels. For a more detailed report, you can check the “Acquisition > All Referrals” report.
Final Verdict on Free Traffic Sources
Reiteratively, the goal of blogging is to get traffic and build your site’s authority. Hopefully, this article provides everything you need to know about getting traffic and ranking your site. You don’t have to be everywhere at once. Just focus on the free traffic sources where your audience is.